Big Reveal: 17.08.23

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 10:31 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,417 Likes on 1,869 Posts
Originally Posted by mvl
Second round of more detailed videos are up. All the added conveniences are pretty cool. I'm not in a state where an EV makes financial sense, but this is getting me more excited if they add these features to the 25 MDX MMR. Probably 3 months for more MDX detail though as the ZDX needs its quarter in the limelight.

If my dealer has a demo ZDX, I might take it for a spin just to play with the features...
Aren't these features taken straight out of the Lyriq? Were there any new Acura-only features?
The following users liked this post:
pilozm (04-07-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 12:18 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,583 Likes on 953 Posts
Originally Posted by mvl
Second round of more detailed videos are up. All the added conveniences are pretty cool. I'm not in a state where an EV makes financial sense, but this is getting me more excited if they add these features to the 25 MDX MMR. Probably 3 months for more MDX detail though as the ZDX needs its quarter in the limelight.

If my dealer has a demo ZDX, I might take it for a spin just to play with the features...
Nice! Will watch it.

TFS!
Old 04-02-2024, 12:29 PM
AZ Community Team

Some quick links by Jon River. His videos or interviews never disappoint! Always on point!

Old 04-02-2024, 06:21 PM
mvl
Racer

Received 203 Likes on 135 Posts
The sales rep who sold me my Hybrid MDX (1300 miles away) just called me and said their ZDX demo is coming later in April and that they are expecting 12 ZDX units allocation this year.
Old 04-02-2024, 06:33 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,417 Likes on 1,869 Posts
Originally Posted by mvl
The sales rep who sold me my Hybrid MDX (1300 miles away) just called me and said their ZDX demo is coming later in April and that they are expecting 12 ZDX units allocation this year.
I wonder if this means GM has fixed whatever production issues that have been plaguing them. They just released their Q1 sales figures and they reported 5800 Lyriq deliveries, an increase of 500% YoY and a 50% increase QoQ. It'll be really interesting to see how sales of the Lyriq and Prologue compare to the ZDX.
pilozm (04-07-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 07:00 PM
mvl
Racer

Acura told one of the auto journalists a month ago that they are confident that ZDX production will meet demand.
Old 04-02-2024, 07:06 PM
mvl
Racer

This guy did a detailed interior/exterior walkthrough video from the NY auto show. Looks like he was not subject to the official press driving impression embargo as he seems to be a regular auto show attendee.
The following 2 users liked this post by mvl:
pilozm (04-07-2024), Tony Pac (04-03-2024)
Old 04-02-2024, 09:36 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 378 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
I wonder if this means GM has fixed whatever production issues that have been plaguing them. They just released their Q1 sales figures and they reported 5800 Lyriq deliveries, an increase of 500% YoY and a 50% increase QoQ. It'll be really interesting to see how sales of the Lyriq and Prologue compare to the ZDX.
Lyriq production is in good shape now. Two Bay Area Cadillac dealerships each have 60+ Lyriq for sale in recent months, so I think the slow rollout of ZDX is not production related, probably build quality or SW. Blazer is also filling Chevy dealership lots quickly, so maybe Prologue and ZDX will end up rolling into the market around the same time.
pilozm (04-07-2024)
Old 04-03-2024, 07:55 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by mvl
This guy did a detailed interior/exterior walkthrough video from the NY auto show. Looks like he was not subject to the official press driving impression embargo as he seems to be a regular auto show attendee.
https://youtu.be/Lm45JjiN5Fg
Watched it last night good video!
Old 04-09-2024, 01:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Finally, ZDX first-drive event took place in Vegas. We shall see the reviews soon.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Glad to see Honda doing a BMW UDE-like tour to demo Prologue/ZDX at six EV hotspots. Somehow the tour is not promoted publicly, maybe targeting towards dealership personnel?
Old 04-11-2024, 05:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Meanwhile, the ETA of preorder has been delayed by another month and deep into July. Where is that early 2024 launch?
Old 04-26-2024, 08:48 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,395 Likes on 700 Posts
Exclamation Yahoo

[url]https://www.yahoo.com/tech/2024-acura-zdx-type-every-133000440.html

2024 Acura ZDX Type S From Every Angle

Logan Carter
Thu, April 25, 2024 at 9:30 AM EDT·4 min readPhoto: Logan K. Carter

The 1st Acura ZDX was a radically styled coupe-style crossover that didn’t sell particularly well. The new ZDX is a much larger, more practical 2-row electric crossover with styling that’s still bold, but arguably less funky than the original ZDX. Acura invited me to drive its newest offering in the gorgeous oceanside mountains of Santa Barbara, California.

The ZDX definitely looks like an Acura, with a faux pentagon grille that’s bordered by a thin strip of LED lights that houses a giant Acura pendant. Its aggressive-looking “chicane” headlight design further identifies it as an Acura, but this big crossover is still based on General Motors’ Ultium EV platform like the Honda Prologue, Chevrolet’s troubled Blazer EV, and Cadillac Lyriq. The only exterior clue about the shared platform is its stretched wheelbase, which is one of my favorite aspects of the car.

Styling is subjective, so I’ve compiled some interesting angles in and around the new ZDX to share. My driving impressions are embargoed for another week, so in the meantime enjoy the different angles of the ZDX.

Take The Chicane To The Pentagon

Photo: Logan K. Carter

Acura’s 2 trademark front-end design elements, the chicane daytime running light design leads directly to the ZDX Type S’ illuminated pentagonal “grille”

What The Frunk?

Peeking under the creased hood of the ZDX Type S reveals a big slice of plastic and some sound deadening material that looks like sheepskin near the wheel arch.

Who’s Got You Smiling Like That?

The ZDX’s rear tail lights look like my squinty eyes when I smile real hard. Am I alone in seeing that?

Bring Out Your Dead

Something about the side profile gives the ZDX a bit of a resemblance to a sporty hearse.

Acura? I Hardly Know Ya

Despite the Acura emblem on the steering wheel, the ZDX shares its architecture with General Motors’ Ultium vehicles like Blazer EV and Cadillac Lyriq. The interior design is fine, with lots of buttons, and ample space and storage.

Why’s It Gotta Be White?

The ZDX Type S’ white leather seats look great, but you can already see a suspicious brown stain on the side bolster near the seat controls. I SWEAR IT WAS THERE BEFORE I GOT INTO THE CAR.

Trunktastic

The ZDX has a sizeable trunk with a gaping maw of an aperture to load stuff into. It should prove to be quite practical.

Wheeley Nice

The ZDX Type S comes fitted with these massive 22-inch wheels thoroughly secured to the vehicle with six lug nuts.

It’s Grille-ing Time

Since the ZDX is a BEV that doesn’t require as much ventillation as an internal combustion vehicle, it doesn’t need a traditional grille. Acura created a faux grille using LEDs around the perimeter, the big Acura logo in the middle, and embossed an angular design into the faux grille that all works quite well.

Smells Like B&O

The ZDX has a Bang & Olufsen stereo, but only the upper speaker grille is metal and displays the B & O branding. The entirety of the door below the arm rest is hard, scratchy GM plastics that were already marred by clumsy journalists’ feet by the time I got into it.

Booty So Big, Lord Have Mercy

This is the most interesting aspect of the ZDX’s styling in my opinion. This is a close-up of the d-pillar and the character line that runs down the side of the body and creates a shelf at the rear. It’s kind of giving me a subtle nod to the 2002 Renault Megane’s derrière and I’m here for it.

Is That A Speaker?

This speaker on the a-pillar confused me. I don’t think I’ve ever just seen a dark hole in the a-pillar of a car before. I feel like it’s a perfect spot for a spider to live, so if you have a pet spider then this might be the car for you.

Buttons! Sweet, Merciful Buttons!

Thankfully, the ZDX Type S has plenty of physical controls for adjusting the climate. Unfortunately, all the buttons look and feel the same and require you to visually confirm you’re hitting the right one. But still way better than banishing the controls to the dark depths of the screen!

E-Colon

The ZDX has Honda’s “e:” badge to denote its electrified powertrain. I asked the folks at Acura if it’s meant to be spoken in the name of the car and they said no. It’s not the ZDX E-Colon.

Don’t Emboss Me Around

Again, the white leather seats in my test car were very comfortable and supportive, and feature embossed Type S script on the front seat head restraints.

Old 04-26-2024, 04:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,395 Likes on 700 Posts
Smile Vids

Tony Pac (04-27-2024)