Do NOT order from DDMTuning

Old 04-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Developer & Car Fan

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Do NOT order from DDMTuning

It pains me to write this as I have heard good things from DDM, but lately their customer service is horrible (just look on their Facebook page) and more importantly the shipping is slow as a donkey. Actually slower. I have been waiting about 15 days for my order and it simply says "Tracking Information Received".

Now the company is saying importing and re-selling HID kits from China to the US is illegal so they are drop shipping from China but the port/customs are nabbing some shipments. Some how i've not heard of other companies with this issue.

A little more digging turned up ddmhid.com (mentioned on DDM tuning Facebook) which is direct from China, but for almost triple the cost. So now I wait while they don't answer status inquiries, return phone calls or even check their email*. At this point i'm giving it about 5 days before I "charge back" on my credit card and contact authorities.. oh and i'm not alone, so its clearly a problem.

Just a little heads up for those in the market for HID kits, shop around.

Thanks,
Matt

* Quote direct from DDMTuning Facebook: "Emails sent to us from outside don't ever get through. Please call or use Facebook."
Old 04-15-2011, 07:51 AM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
sucks to hear that. i ordered my kit from them last fall and didn't have any issues. Good luck and i hope you get your kit!
Old 04-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
there gettin out of the business anyway and I think there customer service has always sucked
Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first experience with them last may was good the 6K low beams I ordered were great but then burned out after only 3 months(but they were only $15) but second time around I ordered a replacement pair from them as the ones I had were pink and I needed them quick so I paid $23 for overnight shipping only to wait 3 weeks for them, and their customer service was non-existant I kept getting put on hold so long I would just have to give up, and finally 3 weeks and a day later they showed up, so yeah they do kinda suck!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have never ordered from them and now I never will! It just upsets me that we pay our hard earned money to these people and they obviously don't give a rats ass about customer satisfaction. Again, this has never happened to me but when I hear things like this it upsets me to the point where you would think that it happened to me, lol! I just don't like people getting shit on, especially my Acurazine brothers. I apologize for "venting" a little, I just had to say that.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Developer & Car Fan

@09ACURATSX - That is actually the reason I post these "cautions". Not so much because i'm pissed (which I am) but more to protect my fellow Azine brothers. Maybe these companies don't realize the power of the forums, or maybe they do.. either way they don't respect their customers.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mkeefe
@09ACURATSX - That is actually the reason I post these "cautions". Not so much because i'm pissed (which I am) but more to protect my fellow Azine brothers. Maybe these companies don't realize the power of the forums, or maybe they do.. either way they don't respect their customers.
I don't think these so called "businessmen/women" understand that without loyal customers they would be out of a job. One loyal customer can bring so much business to a company. You tell your friend, your friend tells his friend, his friend tells his friend, and so on...... That's how the cookie crumbles and it works both way. Thanks for the heads up though man, I appreciate it and I'm sorry you had to experience this garbage.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
absolutely right 09^

i think im gonna be looking for another company next time... its annoying waiting 4 weeks for my HID kit and then having a bulb defective and a piece explode on me. Been waiting over a month now for a working kit.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i have a bad review of them horrible customer service and 50/50 on product quality. i got 2 deft ballast from them
Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KillerG
absolutely right 09^

i think im gonna be looking for another company next time... its annoying waiting 4 weeks for my HID kit and then having a bulb defective and a piece explode on me. Been waiting over a month now for a working kit.
Damn man, that shit sucks..... If I was in your boat I'd be beyond pissed. I try to order most of my stuff on Mondays so I'll get it by friday. I'm very impatient, I hate waiting especially when they already have my money. Some things that our Azine brothers experience has me tempted to call the "BBB" and drop a dime on some of these companies. 4 weeks just to receive defective equipment is a little excessive if you ask me, then waiting 4 weeks+ to receive equipment that functions properly...... That's straight up bullshit! They should go out of their way to overnight ship it if you ask me, 24 hours tops.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Op is too busy to care

i agree. i bitched at them alot in the email, and considering a piece EXPLODED on me, i was hoping theyd atleast get the shipping right. I shipped em back the broken pieces last week and they sent me a shipping number today. I originally ordered my stuff in the beginning of march. Lolwut?

Im thinking with any other company this woulda been a 2 week endeavor, not a month long wait festival.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KillerG
i agree. i bitched at them alot in the email, and considering a piece EXPLODED on me, i was hoping theyd atleast get the shipping right. I shipped em back the broken pieces last week and they sent me a shipping number today. I originally ordered my stuff in the beginning of march. Lolwut?

Im thinking with any other company this woulda been a 2 week endeavor, not a month long wait festival.
Considering that exploded piece, I'm almost certain a "respectable" customer service rep would have taken care of you in a matter of days. Hypothetically speaking, If I was the customer service rep and someone contacted me with your situation you can bet your ass that I would take care of the problem ASAfuckinP..... I'm telling you man, people just don't have that little thing called "job satisfaction" anymore. They just don't give a shit. They do mediocre jobs and get damn promotions for it! I know for a fact that customer service reps have a little more authority than one may think. I know they have the authority to decide if something is going to be shipped overnight at the companies expense, I know that! What can I say, ass clowns are born everyday.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Developer & Car Fan

I agree, I worked CS for an XM Radio authorized dealer (loved that company) and was able to "make things right". This included overnighting a replacement part, refunding shipping, providing a future discount. Though my best resolution to a customers issue was one of the employees personally drove the part to the ladies house so she wouldn't go on vacation without it. Now with DDM I can't even get a call back or response on their Facebook page. Soon DDM will be "that company" and they'll "google" their name to really see why...
Old 04-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mkeefe
I agree, I worked CS for an XM Radio authorized dealer (loved that company) and was able to "make things right". This included overnighting a replacement part, refunding shipping, providing a future discount. Though my best resolution to a customers issue was one of the employees personally drove the part to the ladies house so she wouldn't go on vacation without it. Now with DDM I can't even get a call back or response on their Facebook page. Soon DDM will be "that company" and they'll "google" their name to really see why...
Some people just have to learn the hard way.... This problem could have been handled at the lowest level, now who knows the outcome. They're probably cursing your name right now, lol! Ultimately the blame lies on them. When you have a sport/hobby as big and expensive as car modification they have to realize that word travels extremely fast. We have people on Azine from all over the world and they think one customer won't affect their sales or reputation...... Think again. Well, it's water under the bridge now. Lesson learned on who not to purchase from in the future.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Developer & Car Fan

Exactly. I can only imagine my username/order number on a "watch list" now.. haha. Lets see what happens when I contact my CC, zero liability. Free stuff if it EVER comes in...

Matt
Old 04-15-2011, 04:54 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
damn. i actually never ordered or bought FROM them. my friend bought it from them, and i just buy it off of him haha. kit has been working fine tho, but since they seem to be pretty bad now, anyone else have a good reliable company?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:00 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Old 04-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Op is too busy to care

this really grinds my gears.

I honestly have been happy with them because i have a working kit, but the fact that the most recent kit iv'e order is taking millenia to arrive is just not ok. I also would like a reputable and decent company to purchase HIDs from in the future. A company with living people who work support
Old 04-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Damn ive ordered so many kits from ddm. I guess alot has changed in the past couple months. I currently have an order in for a 5000k h11 HID kit, 6000k D2S bulbs and 5000k D2R bulbs. Ive been waiting almost a week now and im really hoping to get it middle of next week. This is a shame they used to be the best company to get hid products from. Anyone have another site with similar prices and better .....everything lol
Old 04-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ecko508
Damn ive ordered so many kits from ddm. I guess alot has changed in the past couple months. I currently have an order in for a 5000k h11 HID kit, 6000k D2S bulbs and 5000k D2R bulbs. Ive been waiting almost a week now and im really hoping to get it middle of next week. This is a shame they used to be the best company to get hid products from. Anyone have another site with similar prices and better .....everything lol
I used blindinghid.com for my 6000K bulbs and they were fast and reasonable. I can tell you it didn't take a week to get my order. Just check out their page and come to your own conclusion.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
From what i see, DDM used to be the best name in the game.
I heard rave reviews about how DDM was good, cheap shit and, even before I got really into cars, I knew about DDM because of the amount of kits that people I knew used.

Suddenly, they're just out of the game. No more DDM branded kits.

Then they come back, and their shit sucks?!

I ordered a kit, came in within 2 weeks, and everything is working fine so far...
Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 PM
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
this is wack....im just happy i got a good pair from them. my 3k's been working great and it looks great!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
i ordered HID fogs, and replacement bulbs. all at 6000k. ordered on apr 6th, came in on like the 12th. gonna be installing them this week. hope everything works well. i called prior to ordering because i heard of the backlog and they said no verything is fine, and that DDM isn't getting out of the game, they are just cutting out the middle man to make shipping faster. apparently its straight from china to us instead of through california. my tracking said it came USPS ground though, and in a week. so i guess mine came from cali. i hope everything works
Old 04-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Developer & Car Fan

Update: Cancelled my order and posted a scathing update on their Facebook page. At this point I will look somewhere else.. won't even install them if they come in, ever...

Additionally I bought my 6000k HIDs from BlindingHID and they rocked. Fast shipping, good tracking info and most of all, high quality product.

Buyer beware.

Matt
Old 04-19-2011, 06:04 PM
Op is too busy to care

update from me: after a 5 week wait and a small explosion i finally installed my DDM HIDs (not on an Acura TSX, different car). I feel like both of my 4500k HID bulbs (one was replaced because it didnt work) are two different colors.

Not sure if I feel like even contacting them considering the install was exhausting and really difficult to get done. Not sure if they are truly different colors or what cause its hard to tell looking straight at them since you go blind. Will give it a few days and see what happens. I might just buy a second set of bulbs as a backup set and see if it makes a difference. (again not an acura, i know someone will ask)

At this point I am worn out from dealing with them. The support was slow and I can not get over the fact that i originally placed my order in the beginning of March, and after a piece exploded in my car i still had to wait another week and a half for a replacement. If they didnt have a lifetime warranty they would have nothing huge going for them.

I will be looking for a new place to purchase HIDs in the future.

KillerG

Last edited by KillerG; 04-19-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 AM
Racer

I ordered 2 sets of bulbs and a h11 hid kit on April 10th and they arrived today from china. 10 days isn't bad at all I know alot of people are complaining about the shipping times but I guess I got lucky. Haven't installed any of them yet so I don't know if there are any technical issues. For the price ddm charges u just can't beat it...that is if you ever receive your package
Old 04-20-2011, 08:37 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After two weeks of ordering my set, I called to see whats up. I knew they were having problems with customs processing their shipments from China but I figured that they should at least have some in stock at their stores. I called twice and the first guy said that they needed to work on their back-orders first before shipping out my items, which were already in-stock. Out of frustration, I just said "Oh all right, talk to ya later!" Then I called back maybe, a day or two later and threatened to cancel my order but the guy actually pushed my order to the top to be shipped out that day. After a week of receiving them in the mail, I installed them and one came out to be a defective bulb....I knew this would have happened. Anyways, I submitted a trouble ticket on their support page and immediately got a response to express ship my replacements. Got my replacements and couldn't be happier...so far. So I've had good experience with their customer service most of the times, sometimes I couldn't even get connected to someone on the phone, I'm sure that's happened with most of you that dealt with DDM. Anyways, I love my HID kit, but am also worried about the future of this company. I was reading some of the posts that DDM posted on their facebook wall and it seems the owner is frustrated with the whole customs ordeal and sounds like sometime in the future he's going to quit selling them to eliminate all the stress it's been giving him. Luckily when they sent me my replacements, they sent me a pair instead of just one. So I have an extra just in case a bulb goes out. Just hoping my ballast last for awhile. Anyways, if you can wait, you won't be disappointed....that is if you actually get a working pair the first time
Old 04-20-2011, 10:08 AM
SSgt. Hood

Wow this is crazy...

I ordered my DDM Tuning 8000K Bulbs. I installed them last night, and they look "Okay" I was hoping for more blue, but they do look just white..

Code on my Box was QC49. According to the Picture up there look like they are 6000K instead. Im happy w/ the performance.

Eh I'll go w/ a different HID brand next time.

Thanks AZ
Old 04-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Racer

installed my ddm products today and im really happy! sorry for everyone thats had issues, i will probably continue ordering from them until i have a problem. Cant beat the price for there products. the 6000k low beam bulbs look amazing!
Old 04-20-2011, 09:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
^ wen u have a problem it may be too late
Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Originally Posted by ecko508
installed my ddm products today and im really happy! sorry for everyone thats had issues, i will probably continue ordering from them until i have a problem. Cant beat the price for there products. the 6000k low beam bulbs look amazing!
i second part of this. my 6000k hid fogs are amazing and i love it. they are working fine for more than a year now, still running great (knock on wood)

but will i order from them again? meh, idk.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
do u guys have any recommendation of where to get a hid kit then if not DDM?
Old 04-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Racer

For ddm prices don't know of any place. I'd say give ddm a shot if your trying to save 100 bucks
Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Op is too busy to care

HIDextra has kits for 60

http://www.hidextra.com/mid-slim-aut...ersion-kit-816

, and v-leds has kits for 60 (non slim)
Old 04-21-2011, 10:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sky82
do u guys have any recommendation of where to get a hid kit then if not DDM?
I've ordered 4 HID kits on my past 4 cars on ebay and love them! The colors I ordered were 3000K, 4300K (bi-xenon), 6000K, and 8000K. They are spot on! Extremely pleased with my hid kits and had NO issues with any of them. The company is called Xentec and are only $35 shipped.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Advanced

ahh shipping to canada is like killer on ebay 60+bucks =(

im gonna give DDM a shot guys! ill give feed back on my results =/ ordering 55w kit raptor d2s 5000k and 35w kit raptor h11 3000k fogs

let you know
Old 04-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Advanced

btw i shouldnt have any problems with 55w kit for d2s headlights on the tsx right?
Old 04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Racer

I wouldn't recommend 55w bulbs for anything but it's up to you. The 55w bulbs get very hot and also don't last as long. You only need bulbs if you already have the stock hid ballasts and plugs. As for the fogs you need the whole kit