Navigation Voice Command List

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation Voice Command List

Is there somewhere I can find a list of the voice commands for the navi?
Old 02-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
Is there somewhere I can find a list of the voice commands for the navi?
Doesn't the NAVI manual have it?

The car has it, too.

If you search for it, a couple people posted the entire list.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it has it in your setup screen on the Navi itself. If you look around in there it has them sorted into categories for Audio / Climate Control / Navi. It has the exact words that you have to say to engage the command.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:39 PM
Racer

I don't have the car yet. I wanna have a step up before I take delivery
Old 02-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Intermediate

I'm not the original person who who posted this question, but also interested in getting the command list. I searched the other discussions, and the only link I've found to the command list no longer works. I don't have a manual or a navi yet. My car is coming in in the next couple of weeks. I'd like to get used to thinking in terms of the commands for when I drive it.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by pmail
I'm not the original person who who posted this question, but also interested in getting the command list. I searched the other discussions, and the only link I've found to the command list no longer works. I don't have a manual or a navi yet. My car is coming in in the next couple of weeks. I'd like to get used to thinking in terms of the commands for when I drive it.
that is the same boat I am in. It would be nice to know how to use it when I get the car
Old 02-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
that is the same boat I am in. It would be nice to know how to use it when I get the car
I wouldn't bother. The commands are not intuitive and you won't remember them w/o using them in the car.

i.e. You have to say "CD PLAY", instead of "Play CD".

Initially, I found the voice-recognition feature interesting, but I don't use it at all. The most important controls are on the steering wheel, and each time you press on the button to activate the microfone, the car cuts the stereo; which I find very annoying.

The car (NAVI) has the full list of commands on display, which can be browsed with ease while driving. I think that's the best resource, because it's organized by function. i.e. stereo, A/C, trip computer, etc.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
This site used to have it, but it's gone

http://www.marlareid.com/tsxnav/navidoc.asp
Old 02-12-2005, 11:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by slo007
I wouldn't bother. The commands are not intuitive and you won't remember them w/o using them in the car.

i.e. You have to say "CD PLAY", instead of "Play CD".

Initially, I found the voice-recognition feature interesting, but I don't use it at all. The most important controls are on the steering wheel, and each time you press on the button to activate the microfone, the car cuts the stereo; which I find very annoying.

The car (NAVI) has the full list of commands on display, which can be browsed with ease while driving. I think that's the best resource, because it's organized by function. i.e. stereo, A/C, trip computer, etc.
Jeez. It's *because* the commands aren't intuitive that I'd like to get to know what they are, so that... (oh never mind...)

How about an answer from someone who actually likes and uses the Navi?
Old 02-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Master in Science

Jeez. It's *because* the commands aren't intuitive that I'd like to get to know what they are, so that... (oh never mind...)

How about an answer from someone who actually likes and uses the Navi?
I use the NAVI every day, dude.

Ask me nicely and I'll scan the manual for you.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Intermediate

I use the NAVI every day, dude.

Ask me nicely and I'll scan the manual for you.

Please, dude?
Old 02-13-2005, 12:07 AM
Master in Science

Exclamation

Please, dude?
I was hoping you wouldn't say that.

Check back in 20 mins...
Old 02-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Master in Science

My scanner refuses to work (no power). I'll see if I can type some of these for people... I'll have it up later tonight.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Master in Science

BTW, this will be an Excel file. Anyone with a server has some room to host this?
Old 02-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Intermediate

My scanner refuses to work (no power). I'll see if I can type some of these for people... I'll have it up later tonight.

I appreciate the help. I'm sure that the original poster does too. No rush, of course. I'm on the right coast and will have to turn in soon anyway and check the thread tomorrow. You're the best, slo007!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:52 AM
Master in Science

Post Acura TSX Voice Control System

Here are some commands I typed up while scanning some slides:

Set-up Commands (set-up screen)
Brightness up
Brightness down
Volume up
Volume down
Volume off
Display off
Display day
Display night
Display auto

Climate Control Commands (map screen or climate control screen)
Climate control automatic/auto
Climate control off
Climate control fresh air
Climate control recirculate
Climate control defrost
Climate control defrost off
Climate control dash/near
Climate control dash/vent
Climate control floor
Climate control dash and floor/Bi-level
Climate control floor and defrost
Air conditioner on/AC on
Air conditioner off/AC off
Rear defrost
Rear defrost off
Fan speed 1
Fan speed 2
Fan speed 3
Fan speed 4
Fan speed 5

Temperature Commands (map screen or climate control screen)
Temperature # degress (57-87 ºF)
Temperature up
Temperature down
Passenger Temperature # degrees

CD Commands (map screen or CD or radio screen)
CD Play

(CD mode only)
CD play disc # (1-6)
CD play track # (1-30 only)
CD skip forward
CD skip backward/back
CD play next disk
CD play previous disc
CD track random (within one CD only)
CD track repeat
CD disc repeat
CD normal play (cancels random, repeat, etc.)

Radio Commands (map screen or CD or radio screen)
Radio Play
Radio Off
Radio select AM
Radio select FM1
Radio select FM2
Radio # AM (# frequency)
Radio # FM (# frequency)
Radio seek
Radio seek down
Radio auto select (will reset previous presets)

Navigation Display Commands (map screen only)
to come later

I need a gf.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:58 AM
Master in Science

I appreciate the help. I'm sure that the original poster does too. No rush, of course. I'm on the right coast and will have to turn in soon anyway and check the thread tomorrow. You're the best, slo007!
The TSX is an awesome car. You'll like it. Just keep in mind that the NAVI system is a huge distraction. I've run stop signs and red lights showing off the system to friends, and fiddling with the buttons while looking for an address. I recommend you be careful in the beginning, while you get acquainted with the car. If you think a stereo is dangerous... just wait until you see all the options on this little system: it will get you in a lot of trouble if you are not paying attention to the road.

My sole complaint is that the NAVI needs an exact business name, otherwise it will not find the place. A major headache!! I wish it was more like Google.

Also, the system will provide your TSX's location as much as 50 ft off, at any given time. I found the car to be a whole block off in cities, as the buildings get in the way of reception. Just something to consider when looking for an address...

Take care,

A.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Intermediate

The TSX is an awesome car. You'll like it. Just keep in mind that the NAVI system is a huge distraction. I've run stop signs and red lights showing off the system to friends, and fiddling with the buttons while looking for an address. I recommend you be careful in the beginning, while you get acquainted with the car. If you think a stereo is dangerous... just wait until you see all the options on this little system: it will get you in a lot of trouble if you are not paying attention to the road.

My sole complaint is that the NAVI needs an exact business name, otherwise it will not find the place. A major headache!! I wish it was more like Google.

Also, the system will provide your TSX's location as much as 50 ft off, at any given time. I found the car to be a whole block off in cities, as the buildings get in the way of reception. Just something to consider when looking for an address...

Take care,

A.
Again, many thanks for scanning this list and all the additional advice! I'm really looking forward to the experience, but I'll be careful also not to get myself into trouble trying to do too much Navi interaction and driving at the same time. Having a handle on some of the commands beforehand will undoubtedly help. Really, really grateful!
Old 02-13-2005, 01:08 PM
Racer

Here is an Excel file I made from the list from http://www.marlareid.com/tsxnav/navidoc.asp a while back so that I could print off a copy for in the car. Enjoy.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by daniel1113
Here is an Excel file I made from the list from http://www.marlareid.com/tsxnav/navidoc.asp a while back so that I could print off a copy for in the car. Enjoy.
My list is longer! What a relief... I didn't waste my time.

I actually have more commands, but they are in a table, which won't show in here.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Racer

My list is longer! What a relief... I didn't waste my time.

I actually have more commands, but they are in a table, which won't show in here.
Actually, your list is much shorter...
Old 02-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Intermediate

I don't know what's more awesome -- (1) getting this info here, when I couldn't get it (at least with one polite request) from my dealership or (2) just the thrill of learning that there is this incredibly responsive support system among TSX owners. As a first-time Acura owner who has not yet even taken delivery, this is my initiation to the Acura TSX Community, and I can see immediately how rewarding these posts can be. Thanks so much to both (daniel1113 and slo007) of you for helping me out!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
I don't know what's more awesome -- (1) getting this info here, when I couldn't get it (at least with one polite request) from my dealership or (2) just the thrill of learning that there is this incredibly responsive support system among TSX owners. As a first-time Acura owner who has not yet even taken delivery, this is my initiation to the Acura TSX Community, and I can see immediately how rewarding these posts can be. Thanks so much to both (daniel1113 and slo007) of you for helping me out!
This is actually slow response. You should have been around when we had a rep point system.....
Old 02-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by daniel1113
Actually, your list is much shorter...
You haven't seen my Excel file yet...
Old 02-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Luke 1:37

Too bad these Nav Voice Commands couldn't be Nav Thought Commands. I can't see myself using these voice commands whatsoever. It seems like more of a hassle than it being useful. Now, if I could just think to myself, "I want to listen to song 1 on cd 2" and it starts playing, that would be money, LOL. I don't want to have to press the voice command button, then say something and it might recognize your command or it won't. I actually tested this out on the test drive with the salesman and it didn't work, LOL. I said, "Italian Restaurants" and the answer was, "Its 2:30pm", LOL.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:38 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
Too bad these Nav Voice Commands couldn't be Nav Thought Commands. I can't see myself using these voice commands whatsoever. It seems like more of a hassle than it being useful. Now, if I could just think to myself, "I want to listen to song 1 on cd 2" and it starts playing, that would be money, LOL. I don't want to have to press the voice command button, then say something and it might recognize your command or it won't. I actually tested this out on the test drive with the salesman and it didn't work, LOL. I said, "Italian Restaurants" and the answer was, "Its 2:30pm", LOL.

You have to memorize the right commands. 90% of the time when people complain about it messing up the voice command, it is because THEY are not using the right command. It has never messed up for me when I have used the proper command.

The guy who sold me mine had a thick Russian accent, and it worked perfectly with him. Because he used the PROPER commands. Its a really good system when its used the right way. Most of the navigation commands are much easier spoken when driving. Also the CD commands are easier for me when spoken. Ex. "CD play disk 4" when your listening to the radio.

It is annoying that it cuts off the radio, but it is also necessary. I turn off the voice feedback so the time the radio is cut off is shortened. The voice feedback to me only confirms that the proper command was given, which is uneccessary when you know your saying the right command.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
You have to memorize the right commands. 90% of the time when people complain about it messing up the voice command, it is because THEY are not using the right command. It has never messed up for me when I have used the proper command.

The guy who sold me mine had a thick Russian accent, and it worked perfectly with him. Because he used the PROPER commands. Its a really good system when its used the right way. Most of the navigation commands are much easier spoken when driving. Also the CD commands are easier for me when spoken. Ex. "CD play disk 4" when your listening to the radio.

It is annoying that it cuts off the radio, but it is also necessary. I turn off the voice feedback so the time the radio is cut off is shortened. The voice feedback to me only confirms that the proper command was given, which is uneccessary when you know your saying the right command.
Well, if it had worked on my test drive, it would of been impressive. I don't have an accent (I don't think) and the two other passengers tried and it still didn't work. It could of been the specific car I guess. I'll definitely give it a whirl since its there to be used.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Master in Science

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Well, if it had worked on my test drive, it would of been impressive. I don't have an accent (I don't think) and the two other passengers tried and it still didn't work. It could of been the specific car I guess. I'll definitely give it a whirl since its there to be used.
Using the right command is only half the equation; you need to be in certain modes to use the commands. For example, you need to be in the setup screen to adjust the brightness of the LCD panel. Being in any other "mode" will not work.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:42 PM

Using the right command is only half the equation; you need to be in certain modes to use the commands. For example, you need to be in the setup screen to adjust the brightness of the LCD panel. Being in any other "mode" will not work.
Well, I guess I'm going to have some fun learning about the entire Nav system. It'll be nice on those days when there's a traffic jam
Old 02-14-2005, 08:13 PM
Possessed with my Schemes

When I first got mine, it was fun to try experimenting. I would say things like "Suck my di?k bitch" and then it would reply with the closest real command like "CD Disc 6". Granted I was hanging out with my immature friends and probably drunk, but it is pretty fun.

Next we need to be able to add voices. I'd like homer simpson telling me where to go. I must admit I almost never use the voice controls, as it really is easier to just hit the buttons.