creaking, not clunking, rear suspension noise

Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
creaking, not clunking, rear suspension noise

So I've developed a nasty suspension creak coming from my rear passenger side. I have an '06 with no mods except a progress RSB. The creaking only seems to happen when I go over speed bumps or dips, and it seems to less loud when it's warm out or the suspension gets used for awhile. I doubt it's my stock shocks since the car only has 30k. I checked my RSB, and there's no play in it. From what I've read, usually if there's a problem with the RSB making noise, it's more of a "clunk" sound coming from the endlinks. My noise is a loud creak that you can hear inside and outside of the cabin. Is this a sign that I may need to just relube the RSB mounts? I've done a search, but it's been inconclusive as to whether this is actually a stock suspension issue or a RSB issue. What kind of grease should I use to relube the RSB if that is the culprit?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sounds like it - mine was doing the same thing.

I got really tired of pulling the D-brackets and re-lubing the bushings, so I swapped out the bushing and the brackets and went with the brackets and bushing that you can grease up without having to pull them.

Check this thread out for details (BTW, thanks to Moda_Way and JTso for sorting it out for the rest of us):

https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-tires-wheels-suspension-130/rsb-greaseable-bushings-662020/
Old 11-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine has recently just started also.... i too have the 22mm progress tech RSB

i think its because of the cold... relube it and let it be.... i had no sounds in my suspension until the temps went below 50 degrees
Old 05-19-2020, 10:28 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was hearing a similar noise and stumbled upon a thread here which pointed me to the rear seat latches. The latching teeth on the rear seat and latch post squeak like crazy during slow speed oscillation over any kind of uneven surface. A simple test is to fold your rear seats down and see if the noise goes away. In my case it did. A few members on this forum recommended wrapping the latch post with electrical tape which will dampen the "metal-on-metal" noise when the rear seat is up. Hope this helps!