rear brakes 2010 TSX

Old 08-22-2013, 07:26 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear brakes 2010 TSX

Hi Acura guys, I’m very happy to have foundyou’re website. I have loads of questions and I know I have come to the rightplace. I sincerely hope I can contribute something as well. I heard about theproblems with premature rear brake wear. You would think that the fronts would go firstbut the service guy told me that’s the way the TSX is set up!

This past June, we had the rear brakesreplaced on our 2010 TSX at 35,200 at the dealer. I also had the rotors replaced with new onesinstead of cutting the old ones. A guy pulls up beside me in traffic yesterdayand tells me he can hear my brakes squealing and that they are “shot”. Meaningthe pads are gone and I have metal hitting the rotors. I shut the AC off andopened the windows and heard the sound. Shortly afterwards my wife got behindthe wheel and I walked alongside the driver’s side rear and I could see nothingwrong, but I did hear the rubbing sound. The pads had shown no wear at thecurrent OD of 38K. We’re going back to the dealer this Saturday. To makematters worse at the same time I had the brakes done I had the E brake lubedand adjusted. I went to another Acura dealer for an oil change and tirerotation and they told me (during the multi-point inspection) my e brake wasout of spec. Too High! They are alwaysvery nice but what about their work? ………………………………….Thanks
Old 08-24-2013, 10:03 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We went back to the dealer today after callingthem yesterday. As always they were attentive and showed concern. He said theshims at the brake pads were loose and there was another issue, but he assuredmy wife that she was in no danger at any time. One hour later the car wasready, rear brakes fixed, and they readjusted the E-brake down to three clicks.Washed and vacuumed the car and off we went. Thanks for your feedback andreading my thread.....................WR