05 TSX Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 06:13 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 TSX Maintenance

Hi Guys,

New to the forum here.

We have a 05 TSX with 80K miles which we love.

So far we haven't had any issues with the car except for the passenger side actuator (common problem from what i've read)

We've never done any kind of engine maintenance besides oil/filter changes.
What do you guys recommend we get done?

Engine & transmission flush? How do I know if I need to replace the spark plugs? We have a mechanic we've used for years and he says the car is in great condition and doesn't foresee any issues.

However, I do want to keep the car running strong for as long as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Do you have records of previous maintenance?

My recommendation is a transmission fluid change, as well as brake fluid and engine coolant if these have not been done since the car was purchased.

I've got an '06 with 77,000 miles and all I've ever done was engine oil every year at 11,000 mile intervals. I'll be changing out the manual gear oil and engine coolant sometime this summer. I replaced half of the brake fluid when I replaced the rear pads, but I'm waiting to do a proper flush when I need new front pads, which might be a few years. I do a lot of coasting and engine braking, so my pads don't wear very quickly. My next set of ceramics should last the life of the car.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by GrayAcuraTSX
Hi Guys,

New to the forum here.

We have a 05 TSX with 80K miles which we love.

So far we haven't had any issues with the car except for the passenger side actuator (common problem from what i've read)

We've never done any kind of engine maintenance besides oil/filter changes.
What do you guys recommend we get done?

Engine & transmission flush? How do I know if I need to replace the spark plugs? We have a mechanic we've used for years and he says the car is in great condition and doesn't foresee any issues.

However, I do want to keep the car running strong for as long as possible.

Thanks in advance.
The owner's manual has a complete list of what needs to be done and when as far as scheduled maintenance is concerned (along with a wealth of other information. It should be a complete read when any new (or new to you) car is aquired). That said, brake fluid is way over due (change every 3 years regardless of mileage). Transmission fluid and coolant were due for a change at 6 years (some, including me, change transmission fluid more often). Spark plugs are due (with a valve adjustment) at 110K miles, and usually don't need to be changed before then.