Blown speaker or something else????

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown speaker or something else????

My Driver side bottom speaker earlier this week sounded like the typical blown speaker, very fuzzy and "clacky" on the bass. Now, get this, it now sounds perfect!?!?! Unless my speaker had a miracle healing (I did go to church today), or I either had foriegn material that had fallen in it, and just fell out, or a bad driver/amplifier that was shorting and has corrected itself. Does anyone know if these speakers have their own amp, or does it all come from the driver? I have not driven in heavy rain or carwash this last week so I do not suspect water intrusion into the door, of which has since dried out any electrical shorting.

Are we chasing a ghost and not the true root cause?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:22 AM
1st Gear

My driver side speaker was doing the same thing...went to the dealer got it replaced. A guy I work with has the same problem. I think it may be a manufacturing defect, just get it changed. It annoyed the crap outta me until I did.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Cruisin'

I have the same problem. When I went to the dealer, I couldn't replicate the the blown sound - everything sounded fine. Now I've noticed it's that way only on certain tracks that have a lot of bass. It's been annoying the crap out me - hope to get it fixed soon.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 09TSXMN
My Driver side bottom speaker earlier this week sounded like the typical blown speaker, very fuzzy and "clacky" on the bass. Now, get this, it now sounds perfect!?!?! Unless my speaker had a miracle healing (I did go to church today), or I either had foriegn material that had fallen in it, and just fell out, or a bad driver/amplifier that was shorting and has corrected itself. Does anyone know if these speakers have their own amp, or does it all come from the driver? I have not driven in heavy rain or carwash this last week so I do not suspect water intrusion into the door, of which has since dried out any electrical shorting.

Are we chasing a ghost and not the true root cause?
I think we are chasing a ghost. Especially since my volume is rarely higher then 15 with bass and sub at +1. I've blown the passenger door speaker twice in less then five months. Maybe Colin has some intsight for us....Colin, where are you?