Auto Dimming Rear View….Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 05:48 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by EricInMaryland
Yeah I care. If you don't, thats fine…but that does not negate how I feel. Why should I settle for something missing when its clearly advertised both online and in the owners manual.

There are a lot of things I cannot change on the TSX and I sure wish I could. This is one I feel I can change. I might fail, but you'd be surprised what I have gotten done after reaching the right person.
I have always maintained that you have stand up for what is right and what you believe - but - you have to pick your battles wisely.

Will you turn the mirror off (probably not) or will you just be able to gloat that you "put one over on Acura" and "taught them a lesson" (probably)

A "win for the little guy" becomes less of a win when it brings you little in return and you might have been better off saving your ammunition for a much larger battle.

Me? I'm not sure what I'd do in your shoes, but the logical thing to do is to is to buy the dimming mirror on eBay and sell yours as the "2014 upgraded mirror." Who knows, you might even make a few bucks.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
I have always maintained that you have stand up for what is right and what you believe - but - you have to pick your battles wisely.

Will you turn the mirror off (probably not) or will you just be able to gloat that you "put one over on Acura" and "taught them a lesson" (probably)

A "win for the little guy" becomes less of a win when it brings you little in return and you might have been better off saving your ammunition for a much larger battle.

Me? I'm not sure what I'd do in your shoes, but the logical thing to do is to is to buy the dimming mirror on eBay and sell yours as the "2014 upgraded mirror." Who knows, you might even make a few bucks.
I'm putting something over on Acura. Seriously?

Thats just a silly statement. All your statements make silly assumptions.

I am going to try to get what was advertised. If I do, great and if I dont fine.

You thoughts on ebay are true and part of my plan should Acura not pan out. I wont come out ahead as you prophisize. I have already priced this item on ebay.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:23 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
I doubt Acura will do anything, and I think your best bet is to buy a model with the button and replace it yourself.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
I wish the side mirrors had auto dim. So annoying when you look to them at night and get blinded after feeling good looking at the rear view one
Ummmmmm... my 2012 TSX Tech has auto-dimming LEFT side mirror... right doesn't ???? kinda weird!?!

And as others have pointed out, I had a 98 Tahoe that BOTH mirrors auto-dimmed, so it isn't new. SOOOO many things I have had on my regular old Chevys and GMC that Acura tries to convince us that are 'Specialty' and 'Hi Tech' and 'Luxury' items.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Nukebug
Ummmmmm... my 2012 TSX Tech has auto-dimming LEFT side mirror... right doesn't ???? kinda weird!?!

And as others have pointed out, I had a 98 Tahoe that BOTH mirrors auto-dimmed, so it isn't new. SOOOO many things I have had on my regular old Chevys and GMC that Acura tries to convince us that are 'Specialty' and 'Hi Tech' and 'Luxury' items.
Really? I don't think mine does. I don't remember anything in the manual about it. I'll need to check.

Having only the driver's side dim isn't that unusual - it is the mirror that you look into more often than the passenger side. My GMC, Audi and BMW all had two dimming outside mirrors.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Banned

Received 52 Likes on 34 Posts
is there any buttons under it or behind it ?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 527 Likes on 339 Posts
Originally Posted by Nukebug
Are you sure about this? The driver's side mirror on our cars are not the usual type of mirror and are a bit concaved, which I have noticed reflects light a bit differently at night.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:50 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Are you sure about this? The driver's side mirror on our cars are not the usual type of mirror and are a bit concaved, which I have noticed reflects light a bit differently at night.
Yeah - I think he is wrong too. I don't remember my 2012 having it and I know my '13 doesn't have it. I missed the auto-dimming outside mirrors for a few weeks but now I don't even notice it anymore.