AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G TSX (2009-2014) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/)
-   -   2010 vs 2011 (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/2010-vs-2011-a-799239/)

stagefoursurvivor 11-23-2010 07:46 PM

2010 vs 2011

Could someone summarize the changes & improvements comparing the 2010 & 2011 TSX?

Colin 11-23-2010 08:36 PM

The changes to the 2011 TSX/TSX Sport Wagon are as follows:

Crisper front fascia (including next-generation Acura signature grille and a restyled front bumper design)

Sportier wheels

Revised rear taillights

Base trim adds wood center console styling and rear A/C vents

Base trim with Taupe Interior adds new black carpet and floor mats

Tech package will add metal trim on center console and a revised navigation system, as well as a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) that stores navigation data and digital music files (the drive replaces the previous six-disc CD changer)

30 mpg projected highway mpg for wagon, 31 for sedan

Two new colors: Forged Silver Metallic and Graphite Luster Metallic

kgs 11-23-2010 08:51 PM

that's a nice touch. I originally wanted taupe, but the light floors scared me. I probably would have gone for the dual colors if given the option.

black label 11-23-2010 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 12513761)
The changes to the 2011 TSX/TSX Sport Wagon are as follows:

Crisper front fascia (including next-generation Acura signature grille and a restyled front bumper design)

Sportier wheels

Revised rear taillights

Base trim adds wood center console styling and rear A/C vents

Tech package will add metal trim on center console and a revised navigation system, as well as a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) that stores navigation data and digital music files (the drive replaces the previous six-disc CD changer)

30 mpg projected highway mpg for wagon, 31 for sedan

Two new colors: Forged Silver Metallic and Graphite Luster Metallic

Don't forget search by voice for HDD and ipod on tech models and the power lift gate for the tech wagon (AKA not screwing it up the 1st time around).

09TSXTech 11-23-2010 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of the wood centre console from Europe, should be the same on the Base TSX.

Attachment 87215

fallacy 11-24-2010 07:42 AM

That fake wood looks so out of place in that car.

s40 driver 11-24-2010 07:53 AM

I'm not sure if the link will work but on the Acura site you can do a comparison of 2010 vs 2011. The link is for V6 w/Tech.

http://www.acura.com/tools/Competiti...26827&v1=30612

stagefoursurvivor 11-24-2010 08:35 AM

Mpg?

Just looked at further details, how can the MT get poorer MPG that the AT on the 4cylinder engine?
Anyone have pix of the rearseat vents?

TSX69 11-24-2010 08:44 AM

OK Wait ....

So the base model gets wood trim in the center & based upon the pics @ www.acura.com, the tech gets matching plastic like the 09-10 had? That seems so wrong & almost backwards ... I think that matching plastic should be standard & the wood trim (or metal) should be an option.

I guess they really are trying to make their cars more luxury-esque (from what I can tell, chrome on the outside & wood on the inside equates to luxury in the market ...)

ressling 11-24-2010 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by fallacy (Post 12514643)

Completely agree. Fake wood = :ugh:; besides, women don't like fake wood! They want the real deal! hahahaha :tongue:

JeffS 11-24-2010 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by TSX69 (Post 12514756)
So the base model gets wood trim in the center & based upon the pics @ www.acura.com, the tech gets matching plastic like the 09-10 had? That seems so wrong & almost backwards ... I think that matching plastic should be standard & the wood trim (or metal) should be an option.

I guess they really are trying to make their cars more luxury-esque (from what I can tell, chrome on the outside & wood on the inside equates to luxury in the market ...)

Kind of... The trim on the console, dash & steering wheel is now darker grey instead of aluminum looking silver. The plastic in the center console is dark stained wood in base and a dark grey herringbone carbon fiber like in the tech. The new tech console trim looks cheaper IMO compared to the 2010 trim.

JeffS 11-24-2010 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by ressling (Post 12514885)
Completely agree. Fake wood = :ugh:; besides, women don't like fake wood! They want the real deal! hahahaha :tongue:

I guess women won't like any Acura then since it is all fake. :tongue:

Simba91102 11-24-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by stagefoursurvivor (Post 12514738)
Just looked at further details, how can the MT get poorer MPG that the AT on the 4cylinder engine?
Anyone have pix of the rearseat vents?

It's all about the final drive. The AT cruises at considerably lower revs versus the MT at any given speed. That accounts for the highway mileage, and I must admit that I'm surprised that the AT city figure is higher too.

npolite 11-27-2010 07:41 PM

The newer chrome around the grill makes the finish look less offensive. The inside with the silver finish looks nice. The finish still doesn't compare IMO to the 1st gen. It had more pop to it and didn't look as fake. I still don't know what the deal is with getting rid of the chrome, I think it makes the car more classy compared to the black plastic which makes it look cheap. Also Honda really needs to get in their heads the use of knobs. There are just too many buttons on the console which makes it look like a mess.

No offense to everyone out there who has a 2nd gen but buying a used 1st gen TSX even with the fewer gizmos was better IMO then buying a new 2nd gen. When the time comes for the 3rd gen TSX and maybe I'm ready to buy I hope seriously overhaul the interior otherwise I'm probably going with another car manufacture.

pinatubo 12-02-2010 03:58 PM

I didn't go into detail much but according to acura.com, the obvious, big difference between the TSX2011 and the TSX2010 is the rear-seat vent right behind the arm-rest console.
I may not look carefully but I don't see the HDD (hard drive), the SH-AWD mentioned. Still using the huge security key. I guess same HP, same torque, same physical dimensions.

pinatubo 12-02-2010 04:18 PM

Some other physical differences that I can see according to the pix
+ front grill
+ fog-light housing (silver or chrome now)
+ tail-light (the white part)
+ seem to have chrome on the steering wheel
+ and no more Grigio

shmork53 12-02-2010 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by npolite (Post 12521018)
The newer chrome around the grill makes the finish look less offensive. The inside with the silver finish looks nice. The finish still doesn't compare IMO to the 1st gen. It had more pop to it and didn't look as fake. I still don't know what the deal is with getting rid of the chrome, I think it makes the car more classy compared to the black plastic which makes it look cheap. Also Honda really needs to get in their heads the use of knobs. There are just too many buttons on the console which makes it look like a mess.

No offense to everyone out there who has a 2nd gen but buying a used 1st gen TSX even with the fewer gizmos was better IMO then buying a new 2nd gen. When the time comes for the 3rd gen TSX and maybe I'm ready to buy I hope seriously overhaul the interior otherwise I'm probably going with another car manufacture.

+1, I was on the fence about the 2nd gen until I had one as a service loaner. No way will I buy that car, not for $30k. The 2nd best day of ownership with my current 1 gen TSX was the day I got it back and was able to give the 2nd gen back to the dealer. Come one 3rd gen!

I will say the 2011 is an improvement but still has a long way to go.

Tannis 12-09-2010 02:28 PM

Just got done looking at a '10 and '11 both in pearl white side by side at the dealer. I knew the tails got rosey but come on! lol. other than that one nice change is the stock 17" wheels. They're more sharply cut and a more aluminum type finish. Very nice touch. But I'm still slightly offended about the change to the front fascia. In a way it looks better in terms of fit and finish. Like its complete. But I'm not fond of the protruding fog light housings. The new interior trim was a very nice almost graphite color that I'm actually considering swapping out my dark metal trim pieces for it. Just meshes better withthe color of the dash. Not to mention there is a chrome lip piece on the trunk lid that doesn't really jive with my inner mojo. Anywho, I think it is still a very marketable car but along with a couple of posters above, it still needs some fine tuning and it needs to get back that aggressive look it seemed to have lost in model year '11.

Tannis 12-11-2010 02:02 PM

Oh yeah. One more thing. Looks like the '11 sits about 1/2" or a touch more lower.

cyberbro 12-11-2010 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by 09TSXTech (Post 12514192)
Here's a picture of the wood centre console from Europe, should be the same on the Base TSX.

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1290575556

puke puke puke

Kronos595 12-12-2010 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Tannis (Post 12549896)
Just got done looking at a '10 and '11 both in pearl white side by side at the dealer. I knew the tails got rosey but come on! lol. other than that one nice change is the stock 17" wheels. They're more sharply cut and a more aluminum type finish. Very nice touch. But I'm still slightly offended about the change to the front fascia. In a way it looks better in terms of fit and finish. Like its complete. But I'm not fond of the protruding fog light housings. The new interior trim was a very nice almost graphite color that I'm actually considering swapping out my dark metal trim pieces for it. Just meshes better withthe color of the dash. Not to mention there is a chrome lip piece on the trunk lid that doesn't really jive with my inner mojo. Anywho, I think it is still a very marketable car but along with a couple of posters above, it still needs some fine tuning and it needs to get back that aggressive look it seemed to have lost in model year '11.

Are the pink tails really that bad? I still can't for the life of me comprehend what Acura was thinking in that regard....

Tannis 12-12-2010 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Kronos595 (Post 12555515)
Are the pink tails really that bad? I still can't for the life of me comprehend what Acura was thinking in that regard....

As I walked up to the car I saw the tail end first. I immediately thought someone was trying to turn this into a chick car. No offense ladies. ;-D

Seriously, the little things that they did look like it was an effort to put some class on the car. Some luxury styling cues I guess. But all in all I think it was a failed effort. Sadly. But the wheels are pretty sweet. If I weren't upgrading to 18s in the summer I'd totally swap out for these.

ParaSurfer1979 12-12-2010 12:09 PM

Lets not also forget to add that the 2011's Navi screen is VGA. The wood could be worse guys. It could bet fake light wood. The wood seems to be the same as my 08 TL with taupe interior. Granted theres not nearly as much wood in my car in one area in my cars center console vs. the TSX.

Rocktman1 12-12-2010 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by fallacy (Post 12514643)

I like the look of our TSX interior, but my wife wishes it had wood like our previous Acuras.

tcwatkins 12-13-2010 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rocktman1 (Post 12556057)
I like the look of our TSX interior, but my wife wishes it had wood like our previous Acuras.

Wonder if dealers will be selling and installing the wood inserts. I haven't seen the wood inserts yet and probably won't' like them but I'm planning on buying a 2011 TSX V6 with Nav and who knows, I might like them and would like to have the option.

nj2pa2nc 12-16-2010 01:01 PM

just received notice-the 2011 tsx is now on sale and is on the acura website

ginamber 07-23-2011 05:35 PM

I just drove a 10 TSX with Technology and then a 12 TL SH-AWD with Advanced. TOUGH decision. Since the TSX is a 2010 and TL is 2012 with the AWD system and better wheels, the wheel difference actually seems worth the cost difference. I'm frugal, but the 12 TL with all the options is outstanding. I need to check out the visual on an 11 TSX to get an idea about how different the wheels are. Until today I did not realize they made such a difference. Anyone have a photo of TSX 11 wheels?